Bentley Turbo R 1990
Racing Bentley Turbo R – Specifications to date
Bentley Turbo R in Sherwood Green (Original Magnolia hide interior).
First Registered 1 August 1990. Registration No. H248 CTP (formally ALI 1).
Chassis No. SCBZRO4AOLCH33416. Engine No. 72732L 410I/TEL 6,750 CC.
Mechanical modifications to date. (with approximate retail costs)
- Mulliner anti-roll bars front and rear 40 % stiffer. # 1496.00
- Performance brake package (Micro Alloy 320 mm discs) to the front. # 3735.00
- Continental T wheels 18 X 9.5 # 3500.00
- Special stiffer lowered (less 50 mm) front coil springs. # 900.00
- Lowered rear (50 mm) coil springs. # 700.00
- Deleted active ride. Fitment of Bilstein front shock absorbers and late specification 94 onwards improved top spring plates and shock absorber mounts. # 650.00 if done with springs. Front shock absorbers again changed to the original factory shocks as the Bilsteins were considered too soft.
- Viscous control differential. # 2284.00
- Deletion of boost control limiting, to ensure full and continuous max boost available from the current original turbo charger. Later changed to an electronically adjustable boost controller. # 1760.00. Minimum fuel octane rating required is estimated at 102 with 0.9 Bar boost.
- GM 400 3- speed Pursuit gearbox (Kevlar bands, re-valve with heavy duty clutches and strengthened torque converter) Essential to survive additional power output. # 3000.00
- AC system removed.
- Viscous fan removed.
- Vehicle lightened where possible but still retaining all necessary components to keep the Bentley road legal.
- Exhaust modification removing rear silencer box.
- Water injection fitted to the front brake discs to help prevent overheating
- Mesh stone guards (grills) to the front radiator and lower front spoiler. # 2000.00
- Mesh grill to the rear lower apron. # 500.00
- Wing vents to the front wings. # 2000.00
- Arnage flush fitting oval front wing indicator repeaters.
- Rear seating removed. Light weight front seating fitted.
- All components removed from the doors. Carbon Fibre panels to the doors and dashboard.